Who’s excited for the holidays at Disney World? I know I can’t wait for the return of this party and already know which day I’ll be heading there. Happy 1/2 way to holidays and let me know how I can help you celebrate Christmas and the holidays at Disney.
Thank you Disney Destinations for the information and pictures!
Believe it or not, it takes a full 12 months to prepare for the holiday season at Walt Disney World Resort! As the year cycles through springtime showers, summer barbeques, and autumn harvests, Cast Members are also busy planning for the most wonderful time of the year at the “Most Magical Place on Earth.” In celebration of #HalfwaytoHolidays, here’s a sneak peak of all things holly and jolly coming to Walt Disney World this year, including the return of Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party at Magic Kingdom Park.
Celebrate the Season at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
Holiday joy will unfold at Magic Kingdom Park as Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party returns this year! On 24 select nights Nov. 8 – Dec. 22, 2022, this separately ticketed event will invite you to Magic Kingdom for an evening of merriment.
- Join Mickey and his pals at the Cinderella Castle stage for the ultimate must-watch Christmas extravaganza – Mickey’s Most Merriest The show features nostalgic and modern medleys of holiday music paired with dance performances.
- Minnie Mouse orchestrates a sparkling spectacle over Magic Kingdom as a part of Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks. Full of holiday magic, the show includes dazzling castle projections, fireworks and seasonal songs.
- With his famous flying reindeer leading the way, Santa Claus will join Mickey Mouse and friends in the must-see Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade as it makes its way through the park.
- Speaking of Santa Claus, he isn’t the only one who likes cookies during the holidays. Partygoers can indulge in complimentary cookies and hot cocoa at locations throughout Magic Kingdom.
- Magic Kingdom attractions will get a special dose of yuletide cheer. Holiday magic will once again transform the Jungle Cruise into the Jingle Cruise. And, as an exclusive treat for event attendees, Space Mountain, Tomorrowland Speedway, Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor and Mad Tea Party will all receive a special holiday makeover.
- Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café becomes the coolest place to get down when denizens of the North Pole drop by for an intergalactic dance party!
- Also at Magic Kingdom, dance the night away alongside favorite Disney characters during an out-of-this-world holiday show, A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas on the Rockettower Plaza Stage.
- The fun continues for young partygoers and Disney Junior fans of all ages at Storybook Circus during the Disney Junior Jingle Jam as Disney Junior characters take part in a fun-filled dance celebration.
- NEW! In honor of the 50th Anniversary celebration, Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party attendees will discover three jolly new photo opportunities. You will also receive a special 50th Anniversary commemorative keepsake, themed to the holidays.
Tickets will go on sale July 7, 2022 for all guests. Those who are staying at one of Walt Disney World Resort hotels, Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotels, as well as Shades of Green at Walt Disney World Resort can book their tickets as early as June 30. Tickets range from $149-$199 plus tax. Walt Disney World Annual Passholders and Disney Vacation Club members may purchase specially priced tickets for specific dates.
These dated event tickets do not require an additional day theme park ticket or Disney Park Pass theme park reservation. The event dates are:
- November: 8, 10, 11, 14, 15, 17, 18, 20, 22, 27, 29
- December: 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, 11, 13, 15, 16, 18, 20, 22
Discover Holiday Magic Across Walt Disney World
Can’t get enough holiday magic? There are so many themed experiences to unwrap at Walt Disney World this upcoming season. Keep reading for a preview of what you can look forward to, beginning Nov. 11.
Watch Disney Park Icons Transform for the Holidays
During the Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary celebration, select theme park icons will continue to transform into Beacons of Magic, illuminating select nights with an EARidescent glow. And as a special yuletide surprise for everyone, the magic will continue as each park celebrates the season with a delightful rotation of unique heartwarming holiday-themed displays.
Say Hello to Santa Claus
The holiday season will be an especially busy time for Jolly Old St. Nick as he makes special appearances throughout Walt Disney World. Catch him cruising down Hollywood Boulevard in his candy-apple red convertible at Disney’s Hollywood Studios during the Santa Claus Merry Motorcade and voyaging across the Discovery River as part of a festive flotilla at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park. Santa Claus will continue to spread the joyous spirit of the season during visits to Magic Kingdom Park and Disney Springs, where Guests may have individual time to take photos and share their Christmas wishes. Finally, at EPCOT, Santa Claus will join storytellers from around the world as a part of the EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays presented by AdventHealth beginning Nov. 25
Enjoy Festive Entertainment Across Walt Disney World
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park will come alive with the return of a Merry Menagerie of winter animals realized in the form of life-size, artisan-sculpted puppets.
- Just in time for the holidays, “For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration” at Disney’s Hollywood Studios adds a festive finale, featuring everyone’s favorite snowman, Olaf, and celebratory songs of the season.
- At Disney Springs, you can visit Town Center will experience a magical snowfall, bringing the spirit of the North Pole to Central Florida.
- EPCOT will celebrate the return of Candlelight Processional during EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays beginning Nov. 25, a beloved long-standing tradition of heartwarming holiday performances at America Gardens Theatre.
- This season, the Guardians will trade in their classic hits playlist for a mash up of seasonal jams at Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind at EPCOT. You will blast off to the tune of an awesome holiday single, bringing joy to Xandar and Terra, too.
- Disney PhotoPass photographers can help Guests enhance their Disney vacation photos with holiday-themed Magic Shots at all four Walt Disney World theme parks, a new Disney PhotoPass Lens and virtual backdrops at the Disney PhotoPass Studio at Disney Springs.
Savor Festive Seasonal Flavors
Holiday Cookie Stroll will return to EPCOT this year, inviting you to partake in a sweet scavenger hunt during the EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays. The festival will also herald mouthwatering menus of traditional and inspired adaptations of holiday dishes from around the world at special Holiday Kitchens.
- At Disney Springs, Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar becomes Jock Lindsey’s Holiday Bar and will feature yuletide touches alongside festive food and craft cocktails.
- Select dining locations throughout Walt Disney World will celebrate the season with tasty winter-inspired dishes. Make sure to look for future announcements on here for all the delicious details.
Immerse Yourself in Delightful Holiday Décor
The winter season will bring Christmastime cheer to every corner of Walt Disney World with whimsical décor that creates a nostalgic and joyous atmosphere. From twinkling trees and glittering ornaments to an abundance of tinsel and wreaths, the distinct personality of each Walt Disney World theme park shines brighter during the holidays. The merriment continues with the Disney Springs Christmas Tree Stroll presented by AdventHealth, where elaborately themed Christmas trees will draw inspiration from beloved characters, and at resorts across Walt Disney World, where you will encounter artisan-made gingerbread creations displayed in select locations.
Traci is the owner of To Infinity and Beyond Travel, an affiliate of Worldwide Travel Specialists. She has been helping people plan magical vacations to Disney Destinations for 8 years. She has been a lifelong fan of all things Disney that started when her parents took her to Disney World for the first time in 1978. Since then she has visited Disney World and Disneyland multiple times. In the fall of 2018 she and her husband moved to Florida to begin a new chapter in life as empty nesters. They decided being close to The Mouse and beaches was where they wanted to be. Part of her enjoyment now is to be able to visit with her clients while on vacation and make certain that all their vacation dreams are being met. She loves helping her clients by working with them on booking dining reservations, Genie+ and Lightning Lane reservations, special events and anything else that she can do to spread pixie dust. Her goal is for all her clients to enjoy their magical vacation instead of planning their vacation.
She is also the author/editor of The Infinity Mouse where she shares all things Disney to keep her readers informed about what is happening in and around Disney. Her goal is to bring happiness to her readers and to have everyone feel like one big ‘Ohana’.