If you are looking for a fun and exciting adventure at Animal Kingdom, I highly recommend giving “Harambe at Night” a try. The foods sounds amazing and the adventure throughout the park will be a sensational experience. Let me know how I can help you plan a magical trip to Disney World and go on adventures like “Harambe at Night”.
By Disney Destinations – Thank you for this exciting information and picture.
UPDATE: Circle of Flavors: Harambe at Night will be returning to Disney’s Animal Kingdom® this December! Reservations are open starting today for bookings beginning on Dec. 4, 2019. Be sure to reserve your spot today at this incredible dining adventure.
Earlier this year, we launched an all-new dining adventure coming to Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park select nights. Circle of Flavors: Harambe at Night is a family-friendly progressive dining experience drawing inspiration from the many facets of African cultures. In addition to celebrating the beloved story of “The Lion King,” this experience honors some of the most majestic and endangered African animals through delicious flavors, fun activities, live music, and appreciation for animal conservation.
One of these fun activities is a Kilimanjaro Safaris Virtual Realty experience. After enjoying a welcome reception at the train station in Harambe, you will hop on the train and journey to Rafiki’s Planet Watch. Here you’ll have the opportunity to try out a virtual reality 360-degree safari experience like you’ve never seen before, one that is only available exclusively during Circle of Flavors: Harambe at Night! “Join our Pride” and get up close and personal with the sights and sounds of Pride Rock, coming face-to-face with our amazing host, the African lions.
In addition to virtual reality, you will be able to indulge on a culinary expedition of food and beverages throughout the entire experience. When you begin your journey at the Harambe Train Station, you’ll enjoy a welcome reception featuring meat pies, Durban chips and dip, and a hand-selected array of meats and cheeses as well as Harambellini, a specialty beverage featuring sparkling South African wine blended with a bright burst of passion fruit, orange, and guava juices. And for the kiddos, they can nibble on cheese, fruit, and Tofaa (chocolate caramel-dipped green apples).
During the welcome reception, you will receive a boarding pass that allows you to hop on the train and head to Rafiki’s Planet Watch, where fun activities (including the VR experience and character greetings with familiar friends Timon and Rafiki) and more bites and refreshments await you. You can snack on spiced crisp plaintains, South African oat and coconut bars, and Sundowner Safari Mix with spiced nuts and dried fruit. Kids can enjoy seasonal fruit and Trail Mix Bites with granola, chocolate chips, raisins, and honey. For the adults, the specialty beverages featured here are the Chief’s Shandy (Tusker beer blended with lemonade), and Wanjohi’s Dawa, a refreshing blend of tequila, pineapple, mango, and Ancho chile.
Next, you can hop back on the train to head back to your final destination: Harambe Market. Here you’ll partake in a delicious dinner while enjoying upbeat music from African musicians, a dance party, and captivating storytelling. On the menu is an array of hearty dishes and yummy desserts inspired by the five featured African animals. Around the marketplace, you will find stations representing each of the animals and a selection of additional offerings in the courtyard.
The African Lion Station
- Char-Grilled Steak with Herb-Infused Mealie, Chakalaka, and a Red Wine Sauce
- Chicken with Fingerling Potatoes, Kool Slaai, and Mango Sambal
- Chicken Tenders (Kid’s Option)
The Cape Buffalo Station
- Shrimp Curry with Sustainable Shrimp, Cape Malay Green Coconut Curry, and Fragrant Basmati Rice
- Grilled Sweet Corn with Farmer’s Cheese, Chili-Lime Spice, and Citrus Aioli
- Barbecued Ribs (Kid’s Option)
- Macaroni and Cheese (Kid’s Option)
The Rhinoceros Station
- Vegetable Curry with Roasted Seasonal Vegetables served over Basmati Rice
- Vegetarian Potato and Pea Samosa, Pickled Vegetables, and Tamarind Dipping Sauce
- Barbecued Ribs (Kid’s Option)
- Macaroni and Cheese (Kid’s Option)
The African Elephant Station
- Smoked Honey-glazed Pork Belly with White Bean Purée, Caramelized Apple-Bacon Chutney, and Curry-Apple Gastrique
The Leopard Station
- Sustainable Fish with Coriander-Fennel Slaw and Dhania Chutney
- Grilled Lamb with Goat Cheese Polenta and Roasted Garlic Sauce
- Mini Corn Dog (Kid’s Option)
Harambe Market Courtyard Station
- Petite Greens, Local Tomatoes, Cucumber, Sweety Drop Peppers, Citrus, and Citrus Vinaigrette
- Boerie Roll with South African Farmers’ Style Sausage, Peppadews, and Pickled Vegetables
- African Spiced Popcorn
- Honey-Caramel Candy Bar with Crispy Pearls
- Animal-inspired Cupcakes
- Lions S’mores Pop with Chocolate and Graham Cracker Crumbs
- Talking Monkey – Coffee Liqueur, Banana Liqueur, and Espresso-infused Snow Leopard Vodka
- Marketplace Sangria – Blend of African Wine and Rooibos Tea finished with a Citrus and Mint Infusion
- Safari Sunset – Passion Fruit, Strawberry, Orange, and Guava Juices blended with Rum
- Assorted African-inspired Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic Beverages (Also available at the Welcome Reception and Rafiki’s Planet Watch Train Station)
- Assorted African Beer and Wine (Also available at the Welcome Reception and Rafiki’s Planet Watch Train Station)
Menus and options are subject to change, but at each station, you will learn a little bit about each of the Big Five animals. Children are invited to choose their favorite Big Five animal charm and learn more about them while creating their very own bracelet or necklace.
Circle of Flavors: Harambe at Night will be available again on select nights beginning Dec. 4, 2019 from 6-9pm for a limited time at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Pricing is $125 plus tax for adults and $99 plus tax for children ages 3-9 and separate park admission is required. Visit the Walt Disney World Resort website to make reservations.
“You must give everything to make your life as beautiful as the dreams that dance in your imagination” – Roman Payne
Traci is the owner of To Infinity and Beyond Travel, an affiliate of Worldwide Travel Specialists. She has been helping people plan magical vacations to Disney Destinations for 6 years. She has been a lifelong fan of all things Disney that started when her parents took her to Disney World for the first time in 1978. Since then she has visited Disney World and Disneyland multiple times. In the fall of 2018 she and her husband moved to Florida to begin a new chapter in life as empty nesters. They decided being close to The Mouse and beaches was where they wanted to be. Part of her enjoyment now is to be able to visit with her clients while on vacation and make certain that all their vacation dreams are being met. She loves helping her clients by working with them on booking dining reservations, Fast Pass reservations, special events and anything else that she can do to spread pixie dust. Her goal is for all her clients to enjoy their magical vacation instead of planning their vacation.
She is also the author/editor of The Infinity Mouse where she shares all things Disney to keep her readers informed about what is happening in and around Disney. Her goal is to bring happiness to her readers and to have everyone feel like one big ‘Ohana’.